How To Buy Your Mail Order Tomato Plants
- View our catalog of plants and seeds.
- Order online OR print and mail an order form along with your check.
Seeds are available for shipping year round in the US (unless we run out...) We do not ship seeds overseas.
Seeds are $3.50 per packet(minimum of 20 seeds/pack) which includes shipping anywhere in the US. Minimum order of 6 packets.
- We have a limited # of mail order tomato plants each year, so orders are shipped on a first come, first serve basis.
Mail order tomato plant cost is $6.00 per plant (3 1/2" pot) which includes shipping anywhere in the US. Minimum order is 6 plants...and plants must be ordered in multiples of six... (you may mix and match varieties)
- We only ship mail order tomato plants in late April !!!!
- Occasionally we have varieties that don't cooperate. We will notify you by email and let you decide whether to substitute or refund.
- You may order as many or as few plants of each variety that is available...but please order in total multiples of 6 as that is the size of our shipping boxes
- Sorry but we do not ship overseas!
- Shipments cannot be made to a PO Box
- All mail order tomato plants are shipped at the beginning of the week to arrive before a weekend.
- We will notify you by email when your plants are being shipped
- We believe you'll love our plants, but be sure to let us know if you have any problems with your order and we'll do our best to make you happy.
About our farm
Appalachian Seeds is a sustainable North Carolina mountain farm. We offer a wide selection of open pollinated and heirloom plants for sale regionally in selected garden centers and from our farm. We also ship mail order tomato plants to customers throughout the US. We have been growing and selling unusual and gourmet heirloom and open pollinated varieties since 1997. Heirloom tomatoes have been our specialty, but we now offer many unique vegetables, herbs and perennials.
We grow all our plants in 3 1/2" pots using vermi-compost based potting mix custom blended with macro and micronutrients that are all OMRI approved. We fertilize with Neptune's Harvest fish and seaweed emulsion. Only accepted organic pest controls are used when needed. These may include Soaps, Oils, Neem, Pyrethrum, Rotenone, Bt, and beneficial insects. All of this makes our plants strong and healthy and our customers report great success with our plants.
We were Certified Organic for years through Carolina Farm Stewardship Assoc., but have chosen not to pursue the national organic certification for philosophical differences of opinions regarding that process. We still use the same practices as before because it's just what we believe in.
We were awarded the Outstanding Achievement award for Sustainable Agriculture in Yancey County in 2006.