Our 2017 seed crop is ready for sale! Check out some of our new varieties from our trials this year. We're so excited to share these delicious 'new' finds with you!
We have been growing many heirloom tomato varieties since 1998. Our specialty has always been heirloom tomato seeds and heirloom tomato plants. (see list of tomatoes we grow on the family farm, with pictures and descriptions) Our work with heirloom tomatoes has been featured in Southern Living magazine (May 1999, Timeless Tomatoes), Back Home magazine (Mar/Apr 2002, Grow "Real" Tomatoes) and Blue Ridge Country magazine (July 2004, Meet Mr. Tomato) among others.
Today we offer many unique and unusual open-pollinated, annual and perennial flowers, culinary and medicinal herbs, pollinator plants, and gourmet vegetables (see availability list with descriptions). In addition we are now growing a diverse selection of edible landscape plants including elderberry, blueberries, grapes, and figs in 1 gal containers.
We mainly sell our plants to regional garden centers and organically-minded stores like the Hendersonville Community Coop and French Broad Food Coop, Earth Fare, B.B. Barnes in Arden, Villagers in west Asheville; The Garden Spot in Fairview; Roots and Fruits Market in Black Mountain; along with heirloom tomato seeds and heirloom tomato plants on our website. See bedding plants and tomatoes. We are also at the NC Herb Festival, the first weekend in May each year at the WNC Farmers Market in Asheville, NC.
There are currently no items in this folder.
- Gardening Workshops 2015
- Spring gardening workshops (February through April) will be held at Isaac Dickson Elementary School in Asheville, NC. Pre-registration is highly recommended. 15% Discount (saving $45) for registering for all 6 classes will be applied after registration. It's like getting a whole class for free!!! Tentative schedule is 10 am-2 pm with a lunch break. Children are encouraged to join their parents. There will be activities for the children of adult students at the school while parents are in class. Free or by donation.
- We hope to offer a series of workshops at our new farm on Wilson Creek, NC in the future... Those will be listed soon on the Workshop page.
- Email Now For Landscaping
- Email Julie now to arrange for your landscape consultations, designs and installations. Be sure to get on the schedule soon.
- Farm Visits
- We are so busy living...and trying to make a living on the farm, that we've had to stop offering tours and visits. It just got too hard to get everything done. Thanks for understanding.
- Gift Certificates Now Available
- Fresh Tomato Seeds
- Order now...
- Organic Growers School 2012-01-31 22:38
- Fresh Tomato Seed Crop Now Available! from 2015-12-15 11:55 to 2016-12-15 11:55
- Our 2016 tomato seed crop is available for sale! Just in time for Christmas and planning your garden this winter! Check out the catalog for updates and join me in the mouth-watering adventure of choosing your tomatoes for your next garden! This year marks the 4th year of having Certified Organic seeds and using biodynamic practices. The proof is in the sauce, so to speak. These seeds have a vitality and resilience that's hard to come by from many commercial sources.
googlefa53dbaac049e732.html — HTML, 1 KB
Full-size image: 4 KB | View Download
Full-size image: 30 KB | View Download